Top 5 Trekking Areas in Nepal
Nepal is a country with full of adventures. Either you like trekking or mountaineering Nepal is a true heaven for both. And , if you are fond of little bit extra more adventures there is activity like Bungee jump in land, paragliding- if you seek adventures in the sky, Kayaking and white water rafting in White water from the high mountain glaciers.
Simply, if you are looking for adventures in the to encounter with wild lives there is a plain forest of the Terai region where there is activites like jungle Safari or more than that if you love adventures in the wheel then, there is Eco-friendly there are adventurous mountain bike tour. That’s why Nepal, a place of endless opportunities for adventure lovers.
The first and foremost this country is mostly popular for Treks in the Himalaya regions. Nepal has 8 of the world highest snow-capped mountains above 8000m and most of the trekking areas of Nepal is scattered around these area. The most popular activities in this regions are Trekking and mountaineering. And if you are one of them who loves mountains, then certainly you want to know which trekking area of Nepal stands for top trekking destination?
1.Everest Region Treks.
Everest region or Khumbu region trekking comes on the topmost position in the list. Everest regions lie on Khumbu regions of Nepal. This region is homeland of Sherpas, most preferred mountain destination among Mountaineers.
It is also a place enriched with full of mountains and Sherpa, Buddhist culture and lifestyle. Some of the ancient and largest Buddhist monasteries in Asia are erected in this place. There are dozens of other mountains along with Everest-8850m, Makalu, Lhotse, Lobuche, Chola peak, Nuptse, Lhoste, Island peak, Mera Peak, Amadablam,Imja Tse, Kalapatthar peak stretched in this area.
The highest point of the trek is Kalapatthar at the altitude of 5545m and Everest Base Camp at 5150m. The Everest base camp is well protected National Park of Nepal renowned as Sagarmatha National Park.
Reasons why most of the People preferred Everest region for trekking?
- To Trek to the foot of Mount Everest at 5150m, the world’s highest mountain-Mt. Everest 8850m.
- To explore Sherpa village and to understand their culture and lifestyle.
- To have an unforgettable scenic mountain flights to and from Lukla.
- To stay in a mountain tea houses and a hub where travellers from all over the world meets at Namche.
- To have a wonderful view of different mountains and to have a experience of high altitude trekking.
Most Popular Trekking areas in Khumbu/Everest Region:
- Everest Base Camp Trek 2 week
- Everest Base Camp with Cho-la Pass 16 days
- Three High Passes in Everest 19 days
- Tengboche Monastery Trek (Short Trek in Everest Region) 7 days
2.Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
Yes! After Everest, the most wonderful and second popular trekking destination in Nepal is Annapurna Base Camp Trek- popularly known as ABC Trek. Just situated at the altitude of 4130m above sea level from this place you can able to see the world 10th highest mountain Annapurna1-8091 meter in front of you along with other mountain chains like Annapurna 2, Annapurna 4, Dhaulagiri, Tent Peak, Fishtail, and Annapurna South.
The amazing part is that you can complete this trek in 9-12 days depending on your age and health condition. Annapurna regions treks are regarded as wonderful area with varieties of Flora and Fauna, different species of rhododendron forest, wild lives of the mountain and hilly region, rich scenic landscapes, valleys, hills, and plains.
It is also regarded as an average altitude trekking area. You need to pay attention of altitude sickness during this trek. This trek starts from the naturally beautiful place of Pokhara city and can be completed in the same city. There are some wonderful hill station and Gurung Community Village falls in this area popularly known as Ghorepani/Poon Hill and Ghandruk village.
This trekking area is easily accessible in some part by Jeep and some part by foot. You are not obliged to take a mountain flight to reach at the trekking point like in Everest Region.
Reasons Why to Choose Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
- To have a wonderful panoramic views of sunrise and sunset above the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and other 10 peaks above 6000m tall.
- To explore the varieties of rhododendron flowers and Orchid forest.
- To have a rest in a Natural Hot Spring in Jhinu Danda after the trek.
- To have insight on lifestyle and cultures of two ethnic groups settlements (Magars and Gurungs) along with other ethnic group.
3.Annapurna Circuit Trek, most popular high altitudes Treks:
Annapurna Circuit Trek, most popular high altitudes Treks in Nepal and most popular top 10 trekking area of the world. To complete a whole circuit of Annapurna, it took generally 18/19 days and it is still graded as strenuous trek.
Now, the trekking days in Annapurna Circuit are decreased because of the construction of the vehicle road. Still, it is a challenging and yet undoubtedly beautiful. You can complete this trek in 8 days to 12 days depending on your health condition and your choice.
The highest pass in this trek is known as Thorang-la Pass; an ancient salt trading route to Tibet, situated at the height of 5416 meter is extremely challenging and beautiful at the same time.
This trek is stretched from the bank of Marsyangdi River to the Thorang Top and then descends down to semi-desert plateau of Mustang and Kali Gandaki river.
The arid mountains and hilly landscapes to green lush hills, rhododendron and orchid forest, Tibetan influenced cultures and ancient practice of Buddhism, Ancient Buddhist Monastries and local peoples residing in this place are major attractions of this trek.
The spectacular view of Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu ranges, Tilicho peak, Nilgiri mountains, and the lake in the highest altitude Tilicho Lake at 4919m are the major attraction of this trek. After crossing Thorang-La Pass you will be arrived to the most renowned Hindu and Buddhist Pilgrimage temple and monastery known as Muktinath.
Five main reasons to choose Annapurna Circuit Trek:
- Most scenic and beautiful trekking routes of Nepal and also top 10 listed trekking destination of the world.
- To have a stunning views of world’s 7th, 8th, and 10th, mountain ranges of Annapurna Mountain range, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Manaslu ranges.
- To know more about ancient village of Tibetan Buddhist religion and cultural influences.
- To find out importance of Kagbeni and Muktinath temples, famous pilgrimages for Buddhist and Hindus and to have a good bath in Natural Hotsprings.
- To hike in the World’s Deepest Gorge Kaligandaki Gorge and World’s Highest Lake Tilicho Lake.
Famous Trekking Area in Annapurna Circuit Trek:
- Poonhill-Ghandruk Trek-5 days
- Exploration of Manang Area -7 days
- Kaligandaki Valley Trek-7-10 days
- Khair-Lake Trek- 9 days
- Upper Mustang Trek-16 days
- Nar/Phu Trek- 16 days
4. Langtang Valley Trek:
On the top 5 lists of trekking areas the fourth most popular trek in Nepal is grabbed by Langtang Valley Trek. It is a well-known trek in Nepal and considered as easy trekking trail in compare to others trekking areas.
There are two parts of trekking in Langtang region, the first part is the trekking on the Northpart to the Langtang Valley famous Buddhist Pilgrimage of Kyanjin Gumba and the second part is the Upper part of the Langtang called holy Lake Gosainkunda.
To complete these two sections you need 12-14 days. However, a beautiful Langtang village was destroyed completely by the avalanche of 2015 after the massive earthquake measuring 7.6 rector-scales. Numerous people lost their life and more than 200 people dead bodies are not found yet.
However, after two years of the earthquake Langtang is recovering on its own pace. The beauty of Langtang has not decreased by earthquake but there is a slight change in your itinerary.
Tamang village of Langtang valley
On the other hand, Langtang is situated near to Tibetan border and you can easily reach there by taking local transport (bus) or private vehicle (jeep) to begin your trek.
One of the cause that Langtang become fourth popular trek is that it is one of the nearest trekking area from Kathmandu situated in between Nepal and Tibet border and during this trek if you really want to touch the height of 5033m- Tserko-Ri is there to gain the experience of fast heartbeat and respiration in a day trip.
The attractions of this trek are of course mountains like Langtang Lirung, Sisha Pagma, Yala Peak, Kyanjing Ri, Langtang Ri, Jugal Himal. Other attractions are Kyanjing Gumba, small villages, habitat of the rare species of Red Panda, Sacred Buddhist Chortens, local Tamang Community and their culture, and Trishuli river.
If you have a few days for trekking, Langtang Valley could be a best option and if you have 2 weeks choose Lake Gosainkunda (Upper Part of Langtang) to have serenity and marvelous trekking experiences in Nepal.
Some of the reason why people choose Langtang Valley Treks:
- It is easily accessible and it is near from Kathmandu, the capital city.
- To discover the village lives aftermath of the earthquake and to support the locals of Langtang.
- To emerge yourself in the peace and serenity of Langtang area with various mountain of this region.
- To have a first time trekking experience in the Himalays Langtang is very suitable.
Other Trekking Areas in Langtang Region:
- Tamang Heritage Trial-12/14 days
- Lake Gosiankunda and Helambu Trek-10 days
- Helambu Trekking -10 Days
5.Manaslu Circuit Trek:
The fifth popular trekking areas in Nepal in the chart list are grabbed by Manaslu Circuit Trekking. It lies in the Gorkha District of Nepal and one of the remote and restricted trekking areas of Nubri and Tsum Valley linked with Tibetan border. Nepal.
The area is only opened for trekkers after 1992 while to enter in this area you need a special permit from the government. The road construction of Annapurna Circuit made this area more popular among tourists as there are many mountain lodges were built.
The main trekking trial was partially damaged in some section during the 2015 earthquake, but it is reconstructed by local bodies. To have magnificent views of Manaslu Range 8163m, 8th highest mountain of the world and to trek around this mountain, it generally takes about two weeks.
There are panaromic views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu Ranges,Himalchuli, Shringi, Gadhi Chuli, Bouddha Himal as well as Gurung and Bhotias Village Settlements, with the influence of Tibetan Culture, Yak Pastures, Old and New Buddhist Monasteries, Chortens, Mani walls and different species of Flora and Fauna.
Why Manaslu Circuit Trek is best for you?
- To have a strenuous Trekking experience around the 8th highest mountain in the world.
- To visit one of the remote and off the beaten track of Nepal Tsum and Nubri Valley Trek.
- To know more about Bhotias people and the practice of ancient Buddhism in Himalayas and to gain cultural experience.
Yak Pastures in Samagaon
Other Trekking Areas in Manaslu Region:
- Lower Manaslu Trek- 8 Days
- Larkey-Pass Trek- 17 days
- Tsum Valley Trek-19 days
- Larkey La Pass and Thorang La-Pass 24 days
These are the the five top trekking areas of Nepal. The list is prepared according to the number of visitors visited per year in these regions.
Why do not you choose any of these treks while travelling to Nepal and make your holidays more excited with lot of fun and grab a life-time memorable experience. Do not think much just do it.