Nepal is a country full of adventures. Either you like trekking or mountaineering Nepal is a true heaven for both. You’ve probably had friends talk to you about the trekking vacations that they spent in Nepal. Didn’t that make you wonder about which trekking destination should you choose if you planned to visit Nepal? For that, we’re disclosing the top 5 trekking areas in Nepal.
If you are fond of adventures there is an activity like Bungee jump in the land, paragliding – if you seek adventures in the sky, Kayaking and white water rafting in White water from the high mountain glaciers. Simply, if you are looking for adventures in the to encounter with wild lives there is a plain forest of the Terai region where there are activities like Jungle Safari or more than that if you love adventures in the wheel then, it is Eco-friendly there are adventurous mountain bike tour.
That’s the reason why Nepal, a place of endless opportunities for adventure lovers. The first and foremost this country is mostly popular for Treks in the Himalaya regions. Nepal has 8 of the world highest snow-capped mountains above 8000m and most of the trekking areas of Nepal is scattered around these area. The most popular activities in this regions are Trekking and mountaineering. And if you are one of them who loves mountains, then certainly you want to know which trekking areas in Nepal are top five Trekking in Nepal.
The Number 1 Trekking Destination in Nepal: Everest Region Treks
Everest region or Khumbu region trekking comes on the topmost position in the list. Everest regions lie on Khumbu regions of Nepal. This region is homeland of Sherpa’s, most preferred mountain destination among Mountaineers. It is also a place enriched with full of mountains and Sherpa, Buddhist culture and lifestyle. Some of the ancient and largest Buddhist monasteries in Asia are erected in this place.
There are dozens of other mountains along with Everest-8850m, Makalu, Lhotse, Lobuche, Chola peak, Nuptse, Lhoste, Island peak, Mera Peak, Amadablam, Imja Tse, Kalapatthar peak stretched in this area. The highest point of the trek is Kalapatthar at the altitude of 5545m and Everest Base Camp at 5150m. The Everest base camp is well protected National Park of Nepal renowned as Sagarmatha National Park.
Reasons why most of the people prefer the Everest region treks?
- Trek to the foot of Mount Everest at 5150m, the world’s highest mountain-Mt. Everest 8850m.
- Explore Sherpa village and to understand their culture and lifestyle.
- Have an unforgettable scenic mountain flights to and from Lukla.
- Stay in a mountain tea houses and a hub where travelers from all over the world meet at Namche.
- Enjoy a wonderful view of different mountains and to have an experience of high altitude trekking.
Most Popular Trekking areas in Khumbu/Everest Region:
- Everest Base Camp Trek 2 week
- Everest Base Camp with Cho-la Pass 16 days
- Click here for more http://longwalkadventures.com/treks/everest-trek/
The number two Trekking Destination in Nepal :Annapurna Base Camp Trek – The Second Top Trekking Area in Nepal
The second popular trekking areas in Nepal is Annapurna Base Camp Trekking- popularly known as ABC Trek. Annapurna often gets more visitors in the form of trekkers than Everest region treks. Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is situated at the altitude of 4130m above sea level. From the Annapurna Basecamp you can able to see the world 10th highest mountain Annapurna I-8091 meter in front of you along with other mountain chains like Annapurna 2, Annapurna 4, Dhaulagiri, Tent Peak, Fishtail, and Annapurna South.
Annpurna Base Camp Trekking can be completed in 9-12 days depending on your age and health condition. This trekking area i regarded as wonderful area with varieties of flora and Fauna, different species of rhododendron forest, wild lives of the mountain and hilly region, rich scenic landscapes, valleys, hills, and plains, Gurung and Magars villages with their culture, terrraced ricefield, inside the Annpurna Conservation area.. ABC trekking is also regarded as an average altitude trekking area.
Reasons why trekkers choose Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
- for the speculate wonderful panoramic views of sunrise and sunset above the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and other 10 peaks above 6000m tall.
- explore the varieties of rhododendron flowers and Orchid forest.
- Have a rest in a Natural Hot Spring in Jhinu Danda after the trek.
- Insight on lifestyle and cultures of two ethnic groups settlements (Magars and Gurungs) along with other ethnic group.A
Number Three Trekking Area in Nepal: Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most popular high altitudes Treks in Nepal and it was regarded as most popular top 10 trekking area of the world. To complete a whole Annapurna Circuit, it takes generally 18/19 days which started from Besisahar and ended in Nayapul nearby Pokhara..
Annapurna Trekking area is beautiful and scenic but nowadays the vehicle track is everywhere. Some parts it is still untouched by vehicle but the aspiring beauty of this trekking area always the same. Trekkers can can complete Annapurna Round Trekking in 8 days to 12 days depending on physical fitness and choice. The highest pass in this trek is known as Thorang-la Pass; an ancient salt trading route to Tibet, situated at the height of 5416 meter is challenging, scenic, beautiful and tiring.
This trek is stretched from the bank of Marsyangdi River to the Thorang Top and then descends down to semi-desert plateau of Mustang and Kali Gandaki river. The arid mountains and hilly landscapes to green lush hills, rhododendron and orchid forest, Tibetan influenced cultures and ancient practice of Buddhism,
Ancient Buddhist Monastries and local peoples residing in this place are major attractions of this trek. The spectacular view of Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu ranges, Tilicho peak, Nilgiri mountains, and the lake in the highest altitude Tilicho Lake at 4919m are the major attraction of this trek. After crossing Thorang-La Pass you will be arrived to the most renowned Hindu and Buddhist Pilgrimage temple and monastery known as Muktinath.
Five main reasons to choose Annapurna Circuit Trek:
- Most scenic and beautiful trekking routes of Nepal and also top 10 listed trekking destination of the world.
- Stunning views of world’s 7th, 8th, and 10th, mountain ranges of Annapurna Mountain range, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Manaslu ranges.
- Know more about ancient village of Tibetan Buddhist religion and cultural influences.
- Find out importance of Kagbeni and Muktinath temples, famous pilgrimages for Buddhist and Hindus and to have a good bath in Natural Hotsprings.
Famous Trekking Area in Annapurna Circuit Trek:
- Poonhill-Ghandruk Trek-5 days
- Exploration of Manang Area -7 days
- Kaligandaki Valley Trek-7-10 days
- Annapurna Region Treks
The Number fourth popular trekking area in Nepal: Langtang Valley Trek:
Langtang Valley Trekking has its own charm. It is a well-known trek in Nepal and considered as easy trekking trail in compare to others. Surrounded by mountains, valleys, moraines, yak pastureland, forest, river, lakes, this trekking area attracts many people around the world.
There are two parts of trekking in Langtang region, the first part is the trekking on the Northpart to the Langtang Valley famous Buddhist Pilgrimage of Kyanjin Gumba and the second part is the Upper part of the Langtang called holy Lake Gosainkunda. To complete these two sections you need 12-14 days.
One of the cause that Langtang become fourth popular trek is that it is one of the nearest trekking area from Kathmandu situated in between Nepal and Tibet border and during this trek if you really want to touch the height of 5033m- Tserko-Ri is there to gain the experience of fast heartbeat and respiration in a day trip. The attractions of this trek are of course mountains like Langtang Lirung, Sisha Pagma, Yala Peak, Kyanjing Ri, Langtang Ri, Jugal Himal. Other attractions are Kyanjing Gumba, small villages, habitat of the rare species of Red Panda, Sacred Buddhist Chortens, local Tamang Community and their culture, and Trishuli river.
If you have a few days for trekking, Langtang Valley could be a best option and if you have 2 weeks choose Lake Gosainkunda (Upper Part of Langtang) to have serenity and marvelous trekking experiences in Nepal.
Some of the reason why people choose Langtang Valley Treks:
- It is easily accessible and it is near from Kathmandu, the capital city.
- Discover the village lives aftermath of the earthquake and to support the locals of Langtang.
- Emerge yourself in the peace and serenity of Langtang area with various mountain of this region.
Other Trekking Areas in Langtang Region:
- Tamang Heritage Trial-12/14 days
- Lake Gosiankunda and Helambu Trek-10 days
- Helambu Trekking -10 Days
The number fifth trekking destination in Nepal: Manaslu Circuit TrekkingThe fifth popular trekking areas in Nepal in the chart list are grabbed by Manaslu Circuit Trekking. It lies in the Gorkha District of Nepal and one of the remote and restricted trekking areas of Nubri and Tsum Valley linked with Tibetan border. Nepal. The area is only opened for trekkers after 1992 while to enter in this area you need a special permit from the government. The road construction of Annapurna Circuit made this area more popular among tourists as there are many mountain lodges were built.
To have magnificent views of Manaslu Range 8163m, 8th highest mountain of the world and to trek around this mountain, it generally takes about two weeks. There are panaromic views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu Ranges,Himalchuli, Shringi, Gadhi Chuli, Bouddha Himal as well as Gurung and Bhotias Village Settlements, with the influence of Tibetan Culture, Yak Pastures, Old and New Buddhist Monasteries, Chortens, Mani walls and different species of Flora and Fauna.
Why Manaslu Circuit Trek is best for you?
- Have a strenuous Trekking experience around the 8th highest mountain in the world.
- Visit one of the remote and off the beaten track of Nepal Tsum and Nubri Valley Trek.
- To know more about people and the practice of ancient Buddhism in Himalayas and to gain cultural experience.
Other Trekking Areas in Manaslu Region
- Lower Manaslu Trek- 8 Days
- Larkey-Pass Trek- 17 days
- Tsum Valley Trek-19 days
- Larkey La Pass and Thorang La-Pass 24 days
These are the the five top trekking areas of Nepal. The list is prepared according to the number of visitors visited per year in these regions. Have you ever think of these wonderful trekking destination?
Why do not you choose any of these treks while traveling to Nepal and make your holidays more excited with lot of fun and grab a life-time memorable experience. Do not think much, just do it.