Kali Gandaki Valley Trek
With Long Walk Adventures make your trip memorable and enjoy your holidays. Nepal landscape offers different kinds of hiking and trekking destination. One of the most beautiful treks in Nepal is Kaligandaki valley trek, a deepest gorge in the world, and the valley in between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range on the bank of Kaligandaki River.
The trek is rich with varieties of landscape, flora, fauna, river, and hot spring. Famous mountain ranges like Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri, and Tukuche peak can be seen on this wonderful trek. The ancient Buddhist monastery in Kagbeni or the Himalayan deserted land of Jharkot gives you the quick look of Tibet.
The gateway of the North for the ancient kingdom of Upper Mustang starts from this place. The famous Hindus and Buddhist pilgrimage of Muktinath and the high pass that leads to Mustang to Manang village through Thorung-la, modern mulls caravans crossing the pass carrying goods to the village of Manang still passes through this ancient route.
Enjoy the hospitality with the Thakalis in the village of Marpha (Kingdom of Apple), taste the culinary styles of famous Thakalis, enjoy apple pie, and brandy of the Marpha village and stay with them. The maximum altitude of this trek is 3800 m to the temple of Muktinath and the trip duration is two weeks.
Itinerary in Details
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu. Walking tour of Kathmandu city if you have enough time. Stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Morning tour of Swayambhu and Patan. Afternoon flight to Pokhara. Take a walking tour around the famous lake Fewa. Visit Island temple Tal Barahi and boating in the lake.
Day 3: Early morning flight from Pokhar- Jomsom. Visit Thine Village in Jomsom and trek to the Kagbeni. Stay overnight in lodge at Kagbeni. Visit the oldest Monastery of Kagbeni which was partially damaged by the 2015 April earthquake. Memorable view of Annapurna ranges, Nilgiri,Dhaulagiri,Tukuche peak during your flight. Stay overnight in Kagbeni.
Day 4: Trek to Muktinath by passing the village of Jharkot. It gives you a quick look of Tibet. The ancient houses and monastery of Jharkot gives you the quick look of Tibet. The landscape is a trans-Himalayan trial. Arrive to Muktinath, visit Muktinath temple and monastery. Stay overnight in Muktinath.
Day 5: Take a jeep to return to Jomsom and continue trek to the village of Marpha. Visit Dhumpa lake, Marpha village, apple farm and monastery. Overnight stay at Marpha. Enjoy Marphali culture with Thakalis.
Day 6: Journey continues alongside of the Kaligandaki river valley with stunning views of the Himalayan peaks Tukuche and Dhaulagiri. Overnight at lodge in Kalopani.
Day 7: Take jeep to reach Tatopani. Stay in Tatopani where there is natural hotspring. Overnight at lodge in Tatopani.
Day 8: Leave for Poonhill/Ghorepani village after breakfast. Passing thorugh the village of Ghara, Sikha, and Chitre arrive at Ghorepani. This will be a long trekking route. Overnight at Ghorepani.
Day 9: Hike up to the Poonhill at 5 o’clock in the morning where there are magnificient view of Dhaulagiri I, II, and III, Dhampus peak, Tuckuche peak, Annapurna ranges, Hiunchuli peak and early morning sunrise awaits you. Take a sip of tea or coffee and pass your wonderful moments with others or there is another viewpoint near Poonhill.
Day 10: Trek down to the Tadapani in the passing through rhododendron forest and views of Annapurna South playing hide and seek between you and the forest. Overnight stay at lodge in Tadapani.
Day 11: Leave Tadapani to continue your trek to the Gurung village of Ghandruk. Enjoy Gurung cultural dance and visit Gurung village. Most of the hotels have wifi and there is a good view of Annapurna South from this village. Visit Gurung museum and take a rest. Overnight stay at lodge in Ghandruk.
Day 12: Continue the trial after breakfast to reach Australian camp passing through up and down trial of Landruk, Pothana and finally to the Australian camp. There are gorgeous views of Annapurna ranges Mountain from Australian camp.
Day 13: Trek down to Kande 2 hours and finally drive to Pokhara. Overnight in the Hotel at Pokhara.
Day 14: Take a early flight to reach Kathmandu. Visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath Stupa. Farewell dinner with the guide and porters.
Day 15: Head toward own destination.
This is a standard itinerary developed for Kaligandaki valley trek; however, it can be changed according to your time, demand, and budget.
- All pickups and drops from airport(s) and hotel(s)
- 1 Well experienced, the government registered, English speaking local guide.
- Sharing porter (1 porter for 2 visitors) to carry your main pack (weight limit 20kg).
- All the salary and insurance of guide and porters during your trek.
- All accommodations on the twin sharing basis or according to your demand.
- Breakfast in Hotels, and all meals (Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner) during the trek.
- All fees for sightseeing including entry fees for visiting temple(s), monument(s), trekking and national parks
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All necessary paperwork(s) and permit(s)
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Nepalese visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport size photographs )
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation(s)
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundries etc.
- Travel and rescue insurance such as Helicopter Charges.
- Tips for guides and porters
- The services which are not included in our ‘What is Included’ section