Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in 7 /8 days passing (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Ghorepani-Chumrong-MBC-ABC-Sinwa-Ghandrung-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
Annapurna Base camp Trekking or ABC Trekking, second popular destination in Nepal for the natural lovers and trekkers. It lies at the elevation of 4130m above sea level famous for its scenic beauty, snow covered peaks, hills and flowing river, hot water spring on the bank of Modi River, Gurung villages and their stone tiled house, and their simple livelihood. Annapurna is also known as Annapurna massif and it is bounded by Kaligandaki River, Marsyandi River, and Pokhara Valley. Surrounded by six giants peaks of Annapurna I,II,III, IV, Annapurna South, Nilgiri, Gangapurna, and Macchapucchere the chains of Annapurna I (8091m) is 10th highest mountain in the world.
Annapurna Base Camp trekking is moderate to semi-difficult. It is also best route for the beginners who have never done the trek but in a fit condition. Trekking in Nepal means to climb up the hill enjoy the prominent view of the mountains, valleys, forest and river and to come down again in the fertile valley passing villages; meet with local people. Annapurna region is protected by ACAP to upgrade the livelihood of the people living in this area and the trekker’s needs special ACAP permit to enter in this region; which is easily available in Kathmandu and Pokhara. The tea houses and the routes are safe after earthquake of April 2015.
How to visit Annapurna Base Camp in 7 /8 days starting from lake city Pokhara
ABC normally takes 12 days for a teahouse trekking. For the people who are in excellent condition of health, fit and fine; and cope with normally difficulties; and have less time to spend in Nepal; it is possible for them to complete ABC trek in seven days. Day by day itinerary is presented below.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara by tourist bus 7 a.m.-2.30 arrived in Pokhara-Direct Taxi to Nayapul, trek begins and two hours walk and reach to Ramghai – nearby Hile. Arrive at 5.30 p.m.
- Ramghai to Ghodepani passing Tikhe dhunga and Ulleri village. Lunch at Nange Thanti 6 hours walk. Take a tour of Ghodepani village and sunset view.
- Ghorepani to Chumrong passing Tadapani , 4 hrs walk and lunch at Chaile. 3 more hours walk passing by Gurjung village and finally to Chumrong.
- Follow normal trekking itinerary as the high altitude starts. Chumrong to Himalaya Hotel. 5hrs walk lunch at Bamboo.
- Himalaya to ABC 5 hrs of total walk, lunch at MBC. One and half hour trek to reach ABC. Sunset view at ABC. Overnight at ABC.
- Sunrise at ABC, back down to Sinuwa lunch at Dovan or Chomrong. 5 or 6 hours walk down.
- Sinuwa to Ghandrung lunch at Kimrung Danda. 6 hours walk.
- Ghandrung to Pokhara 3 hours walk to new bridge and arrive Pokhara/ another alternative is Tolka to Pokhara via best view point of Pothana and Dhampus Village. 4 hours to walk to arrive at Phedi and ½ hours by taxi to arrive Pokhara.
Necessary Requirements to complete ABC Trekking in 7 days:
This itinerary is only suitable for fit and healthy people; however there is a risk of altitude sickness therefore it is advised to take insurance above 4000 meters. Take water purifier medicines, hire sleeping bag or trekking bag in Pokhara, trekking stick (poles) gives great support for the knees, drink plenty of water; take proper rest during the walk; talk with others during your trek or hire guide/porters to be more familiar with this region. Guides are well informed about the region; mountains; tea houses; and difficulties. Long Walk Adventures team will be very happy to share you other information; if needed.