Eastern & Western Differences
- Cosmological unity
- Life is a journey towards eternal realities that are beyond the realities that surround us
- Circular view of the universe, based on the perception of eternal recurrence
- Inner-world dependent
- Self-liberation from the false “Me” and finding the true “Me”. The highest state is believed to be a state of ‘no-self’, where neither self-worth nor self-importance have any real meaning.
- Behavioral ethics
- Feeling oneself as an element of the Divine
- Life is a service (to the God, money, business, etc.)
- Linear view of the universe and life, based on the Christian philosophy where everything has its beginning and the end.
- Outer-world dependent
- Self-dedication to the goal (life vision, success, happiness, etc.)